What is ECEAP?
The Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) helps children and families get ready for kindergarten. ECEAP is funded by Washington State and is free to enrolled families. It serves four-year-olds from low income families, and children with developmental or environmental risk factors that could interfere with school success.
Compared to similar children who do not attend, children in programs like ECEAP are:
- Healthier when they start kindergarten.
- More likely to graduate from high school and go onto college.
- More likely to be employed and to earn more as an adult.
- Less likely to be in special education or repeat a grade in school.
- Less likely to become pregnant as a teen or become involved in a crime
Looking for additional information? You can visit the Department of Early Learning website or call us at 360-952-3470.