What is nPower Girls?
nPower Girls is designed to spark girls’ curiosity in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) through activities that promote knowledge and discovery.
nPower Girls July 2015 Newsletter
nPower Girls October 2015 Newsletter
nPower Girls January 2016 Newsletter
nPower Girls March 2016 Newsletter
nPower Girls June 2016 Newsletter
How Does it Work?
ESD 112 and grant partners invite grades 4-8 Math and Science teachers from Castle Rock, Longview, Mill A, Mt. Pleasant, Naselle-Grays River Valley School, Ridgefield, Three Rivers Christian School, and Wishram to participate in a three-year professional development program. We will explore community-based STEM businesses and meet with women working in these positions. nPower Girls is aimed at strengthening instructional practices that support female students' learning in STEM and connect them with mentors around the state.
What are the Benefits of nPower Girls?
- Cultivate girls' interest in STEM subjects and careers;
- Increase student achievement in math and science by connecting to "real world experiences;"
- Learn STEM content knowledge to support girls' learning in STEM subjects;
- Professional development opportunities each year for three years;
- Stipend over three years- partial payment each year;
- Travel and substitute cost covered by grant
Teacher Learning Progressions
Learning Progressions 2015-16