Enhance your school and/or school district data practices to accomplish your goals. Data coaching can help.
- Facilitate protocols for productive data dialogue
- Establish social norms for using data practices
- Identify new sources of useful data
- Generate new and useful data (e.g., surveys, focus groups,
- Collect sensitive data
- Analyze data
- Report on data analysis
- Train your team to conduct data practices
Customized evaluation plans, evaluation instruments, full evaluation reports for programs and policies that require or would benefit from an external evaluation.
- Develop evaluation instruments
- Develop evaluation plans
- Write evaluation reports
Successful grants are based on a solid foundation of effective partnerships, a clear theory of action, demonstrated organizational capacity to accomplish the project, well-documented need for the project and an obvious basis in the research literature that supports the project design. The Research Center facilitates the development of these foundational features for successful grants. When the foundation is solid, The Research Center will assist in writing the grant.
Learning Sciences Research and Training
The Research Center conducts training in current theories of learning for teachers interested in closely analyzing their students' learning. The center also provides training in learning sciences research methods for teachers interested in conducting learning research.
- Facilitate teacher video clubs
- Facilitate interactional analysis lab for the close analysis of
- Collect classroom video data
- Analyze classroom video to establish evidence of learning
Video Data Analysis Labs
New video technology allows teachers to and and evaluate evidence of student learning and use this evidence for planning instruction. Using interactional analysis protocols, teachers and principals can identify the immediate learning of their students, in the context of normal classroom activity. With a quick turn around, teachers can hone their instructional practice to their students' immediate learning needs. Interactional analysis is emerging at the cutting edge of learning science and we have the experience to bring it directly to support powerful teaching practice.
Program and Policy Implementation Research
The Research Center conducts research to support the successful
implementation of policies and programs in three important
- Provide direct, timely, accurate and descriptive feedback
for implementation modification
- Provide a detailed record of
implementation that can be used for future policy and program
- Establish the supports for and constraints on
- Design policy or program implementation
- Conduct research on a policy or program implementation
- Conduct a review of research on similar policy or program
Leadership and Learning
The Research Center conducts reviews and synthesizes the research literature on topics of importance, and provides a readable and sharable research brief for decision-making.
- Conduct research for your classroom, school or school district
- Write current reviews of research on challenging problems of
- Train leaders to integrate research methods into daily
- Facilitate PLCs conducting classroom based action research