Driver Instructor Training Course
School Bus Driver Instructors are an essential part of the student transportation team in any district. Qualified applicants must successfully complete this two-week training course to become a Washington State authorized school bus driver instructor.
With time spent in the classroom and behind-the-wheel of a school bus, participants receive training in all aspects of school bus driver instructing including writing and presenting lesson plans, effective classroom instruction, reference point driving instruction, and the rules and regulations of the Washington State pupil transportation industry.
Participants must hold a Class A or B commercial driver’s license with passenger and school bus endorsement and air brake restriction removed, and also meet all minimum requirements for school bus drivers as prescribed in chapter 392-144 WAC. Applicants must also provide a school bus driver abstract of driving record. Participants in this course are required to have at least two years experience of driving school bus.
- Date: July 17-28, 2017
- Duration: Two-week course
- Location: ESD 112, 2500 NE 65th Avenue, Vancouver WA
- Cost: $1,130.00 – Course Only – Does not include lodging/meals
- Class Size Limit: 48
- Online registration opens March 15, 2017, 7:00PM, Pacific Time. Due to the high demand for this course and varying district needs, registration and timely submission of supplemental materials is required. Acceptance into the course is determined after registration is closed and potential candidates have been reviewed. You will be notified by email regarding the status of your acceptance into the program as soon as that determination has been made. In the event of course changes or cancellations, an email will be sent to you at the email address you provided at log in.
- For more course information, e-mail Anna Esquibel, Regional Coordinator, ESD 189, or call 360.299.4008.
- Registration begins March 15, 2017, 7:00PM, Pacific Time. For registration questions, contact the Regional Transportation Secretary at 360.952.3641.