Nine ESDs. One Network.
As one in a network of nine ESDs located geographically throughout the state, we provide state mandated services such as fiscal grant management, special education and transportation, personnel services such as certification and fingerprinting, curriculum services, inservice training and assessment, budget reviews, programs for juveniles, school boundary reviews (resolution of disputes), professional conduct investigations and a variety of other statutory obligations. In addition to these state-mandated services, we bring millions of additional dollars to our state’s education system through cooperatives, trusts and federal, state and private grants.
Legend—Funding Source Terms
- Federal Sources
- Competitively gained contracts/grants (i.e. Head Start, youth employment, special education, school improvement, etc.)
- State / Agency Contracts
- OSPI / other state agency contracts for school district services (i.e. nursing corps, transportation, special education, early childhood services, etc.)
- Payments for Cooperative Programs
- School districts “pooled” funds for services (i.e. data management, special education, risk, science materials, insurance, etc.)
- Payments for Other Programs
- Local districts / other governmental contracts / foundation grants for specific education services (i.e. speech, hearing, construction, etc.) / other philanthropic awards
- Local Sources
- Workshop and certification fees, contracts to perform specific work for local entities
- Annually Legislated Appropriation
- Purpose is to fund regional support structure of nine Educational Service Districts to perform statutorily / legislatively mandated services and programs; to support 295 school districts’ in sharing funding to reduce costs; and to generate additional revenue for districts.